Monday, March 18, 2013

Cultural Shock- Acceptation and Adaptation

I am somewhat going through the fourth stage which is the acceptance or adaptation stage. Luckily, another intern came and now her and I have become close friends and started to plan little trips during our stay. If I did not make a friend, I feel like I may have slipped into some type of depression because of having no social friendships with anyone. Now I am experiencing Australia. I have learned to surf, ride horses, paddleboard, travel to Sydney and the Gold Coast and so much more. I even participate in morning tea and eat lunch with all the workers. After work, I go to the Hoey, which is the bar all the employees go to on Thursdays because I feel like I am more accepted and a part of the work team

No comments:

Post a Comment