Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's Banana's B.A.N.A.N.A.S.




One of my more delectable trips was to the Big Banana in Coff's Harbour, the banana capital of the world. The Big Banana has plenty of gift shops, candy stores, amusement rides and a banana harvesting field. Sadly it was raining the day I went so all the rides were closed so I decided to treat myself to a chocolate covered banana with sprinkles. Turns out in Australia they are not called sprinkles but are called "hundreds & thousands" due to the fact that you get so many on your ice cream and treats. While I was in the candy store I saw them making hard candies. What started as huge lumps of sugar and taffy  turned into small round candies with designs of their flavors on the inside. Unlike candy here in the U.S. the flavors found in Australia are rather bizarre such as musk flavor which apparently all the older women love. Everyone here in America thought they were gross, I guess that's cause they're not elderly women.

No comments:

Post a Comment